Tuesday, February 11, 2014

HIP NOTES CARD:

Hello there! Today I have the final card we made at Card Night last week. It looks innocent enough, but there was alot of work that went into this~just ask my poor card ladies. I've been wanting to show them how to make a File Folder card using the Envelope Punch Board for awhile, so we finally did. I started with a Brushed Silver Cardstock base and showed them how to make the file folder. I added a layer of Basic Black Cardstock that I embossed with the Square Latttice Embossing Folder and Big Shot. I used the Paper-piercing Tool and Mat to poke a hole in the corner and added a Brights Candy Dot, along with the base.


Next we cut and punched out about a million circles for the lens. I used the 1 3/4" Circle Punch to punch out the lens out of a Window Sheet, which proved to be almost too big of a task for my poor punch. I also used the Circle Collection Framelits for the silver ring and large black circle. I made a dozen of these, so I switched to the framelits for cutting the Window Sheets. I didn't have the right size circle so I had to trim it down a bit, but it worked fine. I used Glue Dots to attach the Window Sheet to the silver ring. I then added a black circle to the back of the Window Sheet, again with Glue Dots. Then I attached it to the larger black circle with Dimensionls, and added the whole thing to the card base with Dimensionals to give it some extra depth.

Not sure if you're still with me...but if so, I then stamped one of the fun Essentials Wooden Elements in Real Red using the set Hip Notes. I used the Ticket Duo Builder Punch for the little buttons on the front and also for the window on the tab. After I punched out the center, I centered the Word Window Punch around it and punched it out. I used the Word Window Punch again in the Window Sheet and attached it to the back of the black piece with Glue Dots.

For the inside, I used the On Film Framelits along with the Big Shot and punched out a frame in Basic Black. I stamped the sentiment with Yippee Skippee and adhered it to the back. I stamped the arrow sentiment in Basic Grey and cut it out with one of the coordinating framelits. Finally, I added a little strap using Basic Grey Stitched Ribbon and a Glimmer Brad. And if all of that wasn't enough, I made them make their own envelopes with the Punch Board too! I'm exhausted from just typing all this...

They'll probably never make another one, but they did have a really fun card to take home with them:) Here's the project that I had for Club Members to make:

It's ridiculously simple I know, but I figured I needed to go easy on them after they tackled the cards:) I just used the Twisty Treats Kit from the SAB brochure, and folded the bag in half. I filled it with chocolate and stapled the tags to it. I cut one of the twisty ties in half, twisted it and tied a Calypso Coral Baker's Twine bow around it. Added the glimmer heart and called it done! I have a couple of St. Patrick's Day projects to share with you, but I think I'll save them for tomorrow, as this has been dragging on long enough. Make sure to stop back tomorrow and check them out. Thanks so much for stopping by:)

11 comments:

  1. Soo cute, totally adorable Laura! How CUTE with the negative frame on the "inside," too! Such a great use of our goodies... Thanks so much for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an incredible genius you have!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fabulous card! love it! complete to the film strip inside! : D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it - it's beautiful and so original

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic. I will have to pin it. :) Love the silver with black.

    ReplyDelete